We all know that smoking is injurious to health. In spite of that also people are unable to stop smoking. Smoking causes serious health defects like lungs cancer, high blood pressure, bronchitis, COPD, coughing, blood cancer, yellow finger, stained teeth, bad teeth, dry eye, infertility etc. Cigarettes expose human body and lungs to nicotine, tar, arsenic, carbon monoxide and a lot of poisonous substance. Nicotine absorbed very quickly to human blood stream during smoking and within a second of time, it reaches the brain. Nicotine effects from a single cigarette last approximately 6-8hours in the human body.We need to take proper food that helps to detox nicotine from our body as well as improve our overall health. Smoking reduces the level of vitamin A, C, and E in our body. Nicotine damages the skin of our body. Nicotine also interrupts our normal sleeping. Eat the foods which are containing high fiber and help to increase the vitamin level in human body. Vitamin-C helps to reduce or removes toxic substance like nicotine from our body. Also, a study found that high intake of vitamin C might have a protective effect against lungs cancer. (1) The study reported that chances of lungs cancer can be reduced approximately 7% for taking 100mg/day vitamin C. Probably it is the best-known substance that eliminates or flushes nicotine from our body. Also study reported that food those are rich in vitamin–C and antioxidant, have a lower risk of high blood pressure. (2) Nicotine dehydrates body by nature but drinking water helps to rehydrate the body.
List of foods and leafs that help to protect our body from cancer and side effects of nicotine. Basically, healthy foods are helping to detox nicotine from our body.
- Broccoli – High levels of vitamin B5, C & B
- Nettle – Iron
- Orange – Vitamin-c
- Pine needle tea – Vitamin A &C
- Spinach – Vitamin b9
- Watermelon – Vitamin C, Lycopene
- Catnip – Selenium (Antioxidant)
- Cranberries and other berries
- Cabbage (Juice) – Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6,, C, E, K and folate
- Lemon – Vitamin C
- Carrots – Vitamin A,B,C and K
- Pomegranates – Vitamin C, K, Fiber, Folate
- Kiwi fruit – Vitamin A,C,E
- Wheat germ – Magnesium, Zinc, Thiamin, Folate, Potassium and phosphorus
- Kale – Carotenoids, lutein, Zeaxanthin
- Sweet corn – Beta-cryptoxanthin
- Coltsfoot (Tussilago farfara) – Zinc, Potassium, Calcium
- Red chili peppers – Capsaicin
Not only eating healthy foods and fruits, smokers need to quit smoking as early as possible. Also need to maintain a healthy diet and routine exercise. Basically, we need take food which can increase the level of vitamin, antioxidant and other important substance in our body.